A recent Wall Street Journal report shows what happens when a retailer invests in brick and mortar. It is paying off for A.R.E.’s 2014 Design Awards Store of the Year winner: RH Restoration Hardware.
The retailer attributes its recent success largely to its investment in large-format design galleries like the 36,670-sq.-ft. Boston store that wowed our judges this year. According to the WSJ report, the format enables the brand to:
- position itself as an anchor tenant that can help transform the retail community
- more than double the products displayed in-store, with a 50% to 150% sales boost per item across all channels
So what does that mean to investors? Check out these stats from the report:
- Sales rose 31% in a single year
- Shares recently experienced their highest daily percentage gain (14%) since June
- The stock more than doubled since November 2012, when it went public for the second time
What are waiting for? Invest in your next store iteration!