FatWallet.com, presents their annual Shipping Deadlines Guide with spending threshold details and final online purchase dates to help assure delivery of packages and gift cards before Christmas Day.
More than $127 billion is spent on gift cards annually, one third spent for holiday gifts with up to 10% are expected to be digital gift card purchases (GiftCards.com). A new FatWallet.com study* reports that 39% of kids and 45% of adults prefer to receive gift cards during the holidays.
“Buying gift cards can save money and time, and help last minute shoppers avoid the stress of finding a gift family and friends really want,” states Brent Shelton, FatWallet online shopping expert. “Gift cards are readily available at discount this time of year, many include cash back from FatWallet and buying e-gift cards can save money by avoiding shipping charges.”
10 best e-gift card deals:
- eBay: up to 20% off gift cards from major retailers and restaurants
- Spa and wellness: 17% off gift cards plus 5% cash back from FatWallet
- Staples: 20% off GAP gift cards
- AMEX: 5% off gift cards plus free rush shipping
- Amazon: $30 gift card w/$75 home service booking and 10% cash back from FatWallet
- Fandango: Free movie ticket w/$75 gift card order
- Kmart: 10% off gift cards plus 6% cash back from FatWallet
- Starbucks: $5 eGift card w/$10 purchases
- eBay: $100 iTunes gift card for $80
- Alternative Apparel: $10 off gift cards plus free shipping and 4% cash back from FatWallet