Immersive design and branding agency Shikatani Lacroix has announced a joint venture with bank experience authority Next Branch Strategies and bank branding expert Teddy Ma to create SLDNXT, an integrated retail experience strategy and design consultancy with global reach. SLDNXT leverages consumer psychology, neuroscience, virtual reality, and a deep understanding of retail banking to cut the standard, multimillion-dollar, two-to-three-year retail design process in half, enabling the more agile, iterative development cycles that underlie true innovation.
“I’m thrilled to be teaming up with the groundbreaking designers and strategists at Shikatani Lacroix,” says David Faulkner, managing director of SLDNXT. “By marrying immersive design with the evolving needs of today’s retail banks, we will help financial institutions create branch experiences that delight consumers and deliver for shareholders.”
SLDNXT stands out in its field for:
- Pioneering the blending of behavioral science, augmented reality, virtual reality, and neuroscience to test multiple concepts and understand how consumers emotionally respond to different designs.
- Forging emotional connections with customers that increase loyalty, share of wallet, and contribution margin.
- Grounding retail design decisions in science and consumer analytics.
- Using virtual reality techniques to support the parallel development of standards and practices by a broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Having an international perspective of the retail banking industry.
“The financial industry is evolving at a rate that would have been hard to imagine even just five years ago,” says Jean-Pierre Lacroix, president of SLDNXT. “Too many banks have been blindsided by the rising tide of fintech and nontraditional banking platforms. SLDNXT will disrupt the disruptors by empowering banks to predict consumer needs and build emotional connections with their customers.”