The Liverpool Football Club (LFC) gave shoppers a first-see, fan-tastic journey through its new supersize, superstore during the official opening on Aug. 14. The 19,500-sq.-ft. location at the Anfield football stadium in Liverpool, England, is four times the size of the old store and offers numerous key features. These include:
- Color scheme and materials inside the store that takes inspiration from the architecture of Anfield and incorporates design references from the original and current Kop, as well as the expanded Main Stand.
- Contactless payments and mobile payment stations to decrease queue waiting times on a match day.
- Twenty shirt printing machines to help reduce printing waiting times for fans by around 45 minutes on match day.
- Specially designed first floor cafe that will open on non-match days and be converted into extra payment stations on match days to help ease checkout congestion.
- VIP area where customers will receive a personal shopper experience when buying high-end products such signed frames, jewelry, etc.
Other highlights are exclusive LFC product, to be launched throughout the year. Branded New Balance and 47 Brand shop-in-shops will feature exclusive products in-store.
In addition, a fan activation space in the center of the store includes a stadium-like seating area using seats from the original Main Stand. The space also features and a 21-sq.-metre video wall and will be used for events such as player signing, membership events, fashion shows, and kit launch reveals.