Store inspires connection to fishing, the great outdoors
A prominent backdrop devoted to fishing creates a dramatic first impression that lures customers into the space. Additional elements celebrating the great outdoors, coupled with a strong sense of localization, inspires a sense of wonderment and adventure.
Orvis Grand Rapids | Grand Rapids, Mich.
Size: 4,785 sf
Completion: September 2015
Moss Retail & Environments in-store graphics
RGLA Solutions AOR, design, in-store graphics, in-store signage, project management, visual elements
Photography: Charlie Mayer
Highlights of the design’s immersive environment include:
- Promoting exploration through local images
- Educating visitors with maps of area fishing locations
- Telling the brand’s story by using props and references to the 160-year-old retailer’s home base in Vermont
- Casting fresh, appealing individual merchandising stories in multiple floor locations
- Implementing an outrigger post system that allows a flexible plug-in play approach to merchandising statements throughout the store’s perimeter
- Bringing multiple heights to the floor displays through strong fixture groupings
- Initiating an immediate active vibe by placing the rod and fly shop at the front of the store
- Using eclectic materials that have an outdoorsy feel, such as fly-line for signage and re-imaging wader material as benches
Graphics printed directly on wood substrates also brings a touch of the outdoors. Stone walls provide merchandising backdrops and a nod to the outdoors, as well.