- GPA, a market leader in substrate solutions for digital, wide format, and offset printing, announces the extension of its 2017 Print & Design Contest based on overwhelming customer response. Now accepting entries until Nov. 3, the extension allows entrants two additional weeks to get their submissions in for the chance to have their work honored for its excellence and creativity. In an effort to lower the barrier to entry and allow more complex and costly pieces the chance to compete, this year GPA has lowered the submission requirement. There is no entry fee, and participants are encouraged to submit as many entries as they like. Entries are being accepted in the following categories:
- Pressure Sensitive Papers
- Non-Adhesive Synthetics
- Pressure Sensitive Synthetics
- Papers 1: Coated & Uncoated
- Papers 2: C1S & C2S Boards, Pre-Converted
- Papers 3: Specialty Fine
A panel of industry experts will evaluate each entry based on uniqueness of design, application use, quality of printing, complexity of production, and number of GPA substrates used. Six Best of Category winners will be chosen, from which one is crowned Best of Show. Six additional entries that did not win Best of Category or Best of Show will be eligible for the Award of Distinction, which recognizes entries that made a lasting impression on the judges.