Environment embraces equestrian lifestyle
SHOWCASING A WIDE ARRAY OF MERCHANDISE IN SURROUNDINGS THAT CELEBRATE THE EQUESTRIAN LIFESTYLE, this modern stable/ranch environment creates a pleasing, approachable space heralding the brand’s first brick-and-mortar location.
ARIAT | Fig Garden Village, Fresno, CA
size: 3,475 sf
completion: November 2016
photos: Charlie Mayer Photography
Shop! members contributed to the following elements:
Cross-merchandised product lines from the company’s wholesale business expertly blend with the equine-inspired elements. The combination of fashion-forward features with traditional western influences makes an impactful – and appealing – impression that caters to everyone from Olympic riders to city dwellers. Here are some highlights:
- The performance features and benefits of each boot are emphasized on an interactive wall, where a digital screen displays deconstructed soles and testimonials from equestrian athletes.
- Fitting rooms are named after Triple Crown racing horses and outfitting interiors with stable murals.
- The seamless, footwear department experience offers ample seating next to the displays and full-length mirrors.
- The equestrian lifestyle is exemplified with wood treatments, props, and photography.
- Floor fixtures and display shadow boxes are given character with reclaimed wood.
- Woven wall coverings add depth. End-grain wood panels also provide a visual backdrop on the back wall.
Other features include barn lighting over the cashwrap, a brand introductory video for new shoppers, open sell fixtures, sliding barn door panels, and graphic frames. Rawhide ottomans dually serve as nested table groupings and seating for customers who are trying on shoes. A cedar wood plank also accentuates the back zone and brings a bit of barn feel into the space.