In direct response to market demand, Cooledge Lighting has announced sweeping upgrades to its product portfolio, delivering even greater design flexibility while making installation substantially simpler and more cost effective. Furthermore, by implementing a new platform design, these enhanced systems are available at significantly lower price points than previous generations, making luminous surfaces more attractive across a much larger number of applications.
For the company’s TILE Tunable White product in particular, this next generation platform incorporates multiple control inputs into a single channel, simplifying installation, dramatically reducing the cost and thus closing the price gap between tunable and single-color temperature options. By making tunable white much more accessible for large luminous surfaces, this capability will become increasingly important, as designers and architects embrace the multiple benefits of dynamic control.
The end-to-end upgrades and progress from basic to intelligent control protocols cover all the elements required for high-performance, customizable luminous surfaces – from components to mounting options to power & control. They include:
Lighting System Upgrades
• A lower-cost systems platform for TILE Interior and TILE Tunable White contributing to more competitively priced luminous surfaces without compromising quality or performance.
• Larger TILE size for faster installation and economies of scale.
• Proprietary C-Tune technology that combines control inputs into a single output channel, simplifying wiring, and making tunable white light highly price-competitive versus static color temperature options.
• The ability to use a wider variety of fasteners, combined with the larger TILE size, simplifies and expedites installation.
New Power & Control Capabilities
• Compatibility with a full range of industry-standard control protocols, from simple analog (0-10V) to digital (DALI & DMX) and wireless Bluetooth options.
• Optimized power distribution and reduced AC connections for large-area system installations.
• “Dim-To-Warm” control capability intended to replicate the dimming behavior of incandescent light.
“We believe that luminous surfaces represent the most significant innovation in lighting since the incorporation of LEDs over 20 years ago, and that they will increasingly be favored over the points and lines of conventional lighting methods,” says William J. Sims, CEO of Cooledge. “We intend to take luminous surfaces from high-end applications into the mainstream, and the major advancements coupled with lower price points announced today will accelerate the pace of market expansion. The company has never been better positioned for growth than we are today and we aren’t finished yet.”
Cooledge SURFACES are built upon the company’s flagship TILE and LINE systems; ultra-thin, flexible sheets of light that can be cut, curved, and paired with diverse materials ranging from fabric and acrylic to stone and glass. They deliver the performance and uniformity required to fully illuminate rather than simply accentuate a space. These digitally-controlled luminous surfaces are increasingly being specified for new and retrofit, interior, and exterior projects all over the world.
The upgraded lighting systems, power, and control products are now available for specification and will begin shipping in March.