Shop! honored 14 Global Awards winners at last night’s Shop! Awards celebration held during GlobalShop. This was the eighth year for the Global Awards competition, which recognizes excellence in point-of-purchase advertising displays, marketing-at-retail activations, and now visual merchandising and store design, from among 2017 Gold winners at Shop! competitions around the globe.
Shop!, the global trade association focused on enhancing retail environments and experiences, expanded the competition this year to include several new categories, including retail design. The change enabled Design Award winners from 2017 to participate for the first time. Shop! also opened the Global Awards to winners in all competition categories from its chapters/affiliates to further broaden global participation.
“Traditionally a competition to celebrate the best-in-class for in-store marketing initiatives, we were thrilled to open the competition to winners from the Design Awards and other categories used by our global affiliates,” says Steven A. Weiss, CAE, Shop! CEO. “As a result we received more entries than last year, making it a stronger competition overall and one more reflective of the retail experiences industry.”
Judges reviewed 69 entries from 10 Shop! chapters and affiliates from around the world. Fourteen winners were selected among 20 categories, with winners representing multiple countries, including Australia/New Zealand, Brazil, DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), U.K. and Ireland, and the U.S.
The 2018 Global Award winners are:
- Alcohol & Tobacco, Temporary: BUD ROCK FRIDGE by Score Group for AMBEV (AB INBEV)
- Alcohol & Tobacco, Permanent: Mort Subite Summer Mini Brew House International Display by Bish Creative Display for Gutenberg Networks
- Category Management: Wonderland by Myer by Ideaworks by Y&R for Myer
- Consumer Electronics, Temporary: HP Printer Brand Blocking Unit by Convert Communications for HP Australia Ltd.
- Department Store Design: Wonderland by Myer by Ideaworks by Y&R for Myer
Digital, Mobile & Interactive Media: DISCOVER THE WORLD by Cheil Germany GmbH for Samsung Germany
- Food, Grocery & Convenience, Permanent: KitKat Bus by GRUPO ADVANCE for Nestle Argentina
- Food, Grocery & Convenience, Temporary: Frito-Lay Summer Fun Picnic Table Display by Bish Creative Display for Frito-Lay Inc.
- Mass Merchants, Non-Food, Permanent: Wonderland by Myer by Ideaworks by Y&R for Myer
- Mass Merchants, Non-Food, Temporary: Trenzinho Pampers by Neo Pack Displays for Procter & Gamble
- Shopper Marketing Campaign, Temporary: Reinventing Retail InStore – HP Premium Product Launch by Convert Communications for HP Australia Ltd.
Signage & Graphics, Temporary: Vodafone Retail Christmas Campaign 2016 by Haygarth for Vodafone UK
Specialty Store Concepts: Samsung Pop-Up Store by Cheil Germany GmbH for Samsung Germany
Visual Merchandising & Window Dressing: Window Display Galaxy S8 by Cheil Brazil for Samsung Electronics – Brazil Telecom Division
“Our global chapters and affiliates hold competitions throughout the year, and the Global Awards gives GlobalShop attendees the opportunity to see their award-winning work and recognize the extraordinary work our talented members do,” says Richard Nathan, chairman of the board for Shop! and CEO of RTC. “Congratulations to our 2018 Global Awards winners, who today can claim top honors amongst the world’s best.”
For a complete list of the 2018 winners, including photos, and more information about the Global Awards competition, visit shopawards.org. All Global Award-winning projects will be featured in the OMA Awards Annual, which will be published next month.