Tarkett has launched the Essentialist Collection, a carefully curated selection of style and performance that embodies timeless, meaningful design. Essentialist Collection comes in modular and LVT platforms and is ideal for a variety of environments.
The Essentialist Collection reflects the societal movement toward mindfulness and simplification for holistic well-being. At its core, essentialism is the view that things have essences—the attribute, or set of attributes, that make an object or substance what it fundamentally is. An essence characterizes a permanent, unalterable, and eternal substance or form. The Essentialist Collection was created out of a pursuit of a floorcovering that is, at its very essence, stripped down to beauty, performance, and purpose.
Design at the right time
In today’s hectic world, people crave calming, therapeutic spaces that help quiet their minds. Inspired by the principles of essentialism, the collection supports spaces that help us savor moments of joy and restoration, bringing us closer to experience, authenticity and community.
“Within the Essentialist Collection, Tarkett was driven to discover and develop products that embody the true essence of what is meaningful to the human experience of today’s purposeful, connected, experiential spaces. The result is a carefully curated selection of style and performance that is meant to welcome end users with a unique mix of texture, color, pattern, and modularity,” states Terry Mowers, VP commercial design, Tarkett North America.
Essentialist has been designed for a tailored, yet cohesive experience, where multiple flooring materials connect for better outcomes for people and environmental enhancements. It is both comprehensive and streamlined, to simplify both the design process and the therapeutic nature of the finished space.
Essentialist Collection offers three patterns, each in a variety of coordinating colorways that provide soothing serenity.
- Savant is a balance of pure geometric and organic aesthetics. Its bold weft and warp freehand strokes impart a soft, timeless visual.
- Saveur has a large-scale geometry that dissolves into its ground texture as this comfortable, familiar argyle-like feel welcomes you in.
- Substance offers a simple, straightforward design that will serve as the perfect versatile canvas over a myriad of interior spaces without seams or other visual distractions.
The collection also includes three coordinating LVT designs called Hued, Interlocked, and Parisian, which will soon be added to Tarkett’s Collections Infinies, a customizable portfolio of digitally printed designs.
The Essentialist Collection is:
- Available with ethos Modular with Omnicoat Technology backing, which is Cradle to Cradle Certified Silver and ILFI Living Product Challenge Imperative certified with a Health and Happiness Petal, and made with PVB film from recycled windshields.
- Includes Eco-Ensure soil protection technology, a fluorine-free chemistry that is Cradle to Cradle Certified Gold Material Health.
- Recyclable through the ReStart reclamation program.