Stylish project makes striking statement
BIANCA MARKETING CENTRE | Toronto
size 1,200 sf
completion August 2017
photos Greg Pacek Photography
Contributing Shop! member
II BY IV DESIGN design
EXPERT ATTENTION TO DETAIL INFUSES THIS MARKETING CENTER’S DESIGN WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF SOPHISTICATION and ensures that the residential condominium project appeals to its affluent, cultured target market.
The marketing center’s all-white facade and inviting landscaped garden set a luxurious tone and are reminiscent of the amenities that prospective owners can come to expect.
Replicated signature elements of the final building throughout the interior, such as dramatic bronze scaled screens and layered lighting, create a welcoming, refined aesthetic.
Large-format porcelain tile with a natural sandstone character is thoughtfully applied to the walls and floors in a similar manner to the final building design. This visual texture adds warmth, while also elevating the sense of luxury.
Strategic placement of lighting and mirrors animates and expands the space. The mirrors also improve visibility throughout the showroom, ensuring sales agents are always aware of guests and attentive to their needs.
Punching through an existing wall that once separated the original retail space from an old storage area further enlarges the interior. The newly-created, expansive, marble slab-lined opening offers commanding sightlines to the full-scale kitchen and bathroom vignettes.
Other design features include:
- Feature dropped ceiling fixture hovering centrally in the finishes gallery highlights the vitrine display.
- Sleek display boards are portrayed as framed works of art.
- Maquette of the building, set on an angle in a contrasting triangular node, enhances circulation within the main entry.
- Under-lit stairs leads to the closing area.
- Metal and indirect lighting outlining the angular model niche creates focus upon entry.
Within the first month of opening, the project was 60% sold.