Black and white is a timeless design trend that delivers a powerful visual contrast. Photographers, designers, architects, and visual artists have long turned to this yin and yang of colors to capture the dark and bright side of design. The Black and White Collection from Wilsonart goes beyond the alpha and omega of colors by enhancing them with diverse designs, styles, scales, and materials. Available through Wilsonart’s Virtual Design Library (VDL), 18 new laminate patterns become the latest additions to the company’s online boutique design collection.
“Black and white, together or separately, communicate so powerfully,” says Andrea Flint, senior product designer at Wilsonart. “Our new designs expand that communication further by adding nuanced colors such as monochromatic greys, a whitewashed brick wall pattern, and art deco-inspired black and gold combinations. The result is a stunning assortment that speaks to balance and boldness.”
From large-scale designs inspired by the unique features found in eucalyptus wood to abstracts made up of bold, multi-colored triangles, the Black and White Collection offers countless options to create a timeless mixology story. “Wilsonart is committed to offering designers the choices they want and the speed-to-market they need,” Flint observes. “This Collection is an important addition to our Virtual Design Library, which grows each day as an important resource for architects and designers.”
The 18 new patterns in the Black and White Collection can be viewed in the Wilsonart Visualizer and feature:
- Charcoal Eucalyptus—a warm, dark grey planked wood look. This large-scale design has the unique features found in eucalyptus wood.
- Silver Eucalyptus—a large-scale wood design in a pale grey color. This design offers planking and unique features found in eucalyptus wood.
- Vintage Houndstooth—a large-scale design made up of warm whites and greys that play beautifully together. The grey houndstooth design is overlaid on top of a wood look and both have been worn through time.
- Charcoal Tri—a small-scale abstract design made up of bold multi-colored triangles. This monochromatic design can add visual texture and a graphic pop.
- Golden Nero—a large-scale marble. This black stone design has large golden linear fractures throughout.
- Marble Fog—an abstracted linear marble in monochromatic greys. This medium-scale design features thin planks.
- Snow Geo—a warm whitewashed wood design with an overlaid geometric pattern. This large-scale pattern has subtle planking.
- Dove Geo—a large-scale woodgrain design in a warm light grey. The design features subtle planking and an overlaid geometric pattern.
- Classic Marbleized—a large-scale monochromatic black and white design. The graphic pattern is full of movement from the marbleizing process.
- Big Plaid—a large-scale abstracted plaid design. The pattern is monochromatic black and white with a textile texture in plaid.
- Greige Ash—a wood design in a warm medium grey color with black graining. This large-scale design is an ash species.
- Mocha Ash—a large-scale pattern from the ash species. The wood design features a rich medium brown with black graining.
- Whitewashed Brick—a large-scale brick wall design with bits of red brick showing through.
- Whitewashed Brick (Landscape)—a large-scale brick wall design with bits of red brick showing through in a cross-directional layout.
- Loft Door—a very light grey with hints of dark grey and gold scratches throughout the pattern. This medium-scaled design captures the spirit of an old industrial door full of history.
- Deco Charcoal—an art deco-inspired pattern with a metal look in a classic black and gold color combination.
- Deco Blanco—a taupe-colored large-scale design. The art deco-inspired design features a bronze metallic-looking pattern over the design.
- Honed Concrete—a light grey concrete-inspired pattern. This medium-scale pattern features trowel texture throughout.