Tarkett, a worldwide leader in innovative and sustainable flooring and sports surface solutions, designed its latest style, the Garden Walk Collection, for the human experience of the aging population and based on the evolving needs of the next generation. Ideal for senior living and hospitality, and even work and retail spaces, Garden Walk is a soft surface collection that features ColorPoint Broadloom, Powerbond, and Modular tiles.
Using soft nuance and fluid movement, the Garden Walk Collection welcomes residents and guests with the warmth and comfort of home, creating an ideal setting for healing, living, and leisure. This warm array of color and pattern gently alludes to organic materials from the outdoor environment and embraces the imperfect beauty of the natural world. Each sophisticated design carries deep, soothing tones that create a tranquil atmosphere and lends itself to feelings of wellbeing. Inviting, reflective, and restorative, these spaces are designed for the overall wellness of body, mind, and soul.
Twelve patterns and 12 colorways of contemporary, soft neutrals offer 144 possible combinations that invoke a fresh, high-end, spa-like environment. The collection works in a variety of spaces, including dining, corridor, spa, library, recreation, and pre-function rooms, to create active, contemporary areas. Designer Suzanne Tick contributed new designs to the Broadloom category with the Radiance and Terrace styles, as well as the Summer Walk style in Powerbond and modular tile.
Garden Walk includes Powerbond, Modular, and ColorPoint Broadloom platforms to create the most comprehensive small-scale and large-scale collection for senior living environments. Coordinating color palettes change in color depth from pattern to pattern, crafting soothing and calm spaces. Today’s seniors demand the feeling of home in their living facilities, and Garden Walk provides this in several soft surface formats.
As part of Tarkett North America’s sustainability measures and commitment to people-friendly spaces that perform and inspire, Garden Walk’s attributes include:
- Cradle to Cradle: Silver Certified for ethos Modular with Omnicoat Technology, to assure it does not negatively impact environmental or human health and is free of C2C Banned List chemicals
- ILFI: Living Product Challenge Imperative Certified (ethos Modular only)
- PVB: ethos backing made of PVB, which is safety film recovered from recycled automotive windshields
- Fluorine free: uses Eco-Ensure (C2C Gold Material Health certified as a stain-resistant treatment)
- Recycled content: up to 21% (Flex-Aire), 33% (Powerbond), 75/76% (ethos)
- Recyclability: recyclable through ReStart reclamation program
- LEEDv4: meets new material ingredient reporting and optimization credits; also meets new requirements for indoor air quality credit on low emitting flooring (CRI Green Label Plus) and low TVOCs