New Neiman Marcus in NYC enhances CX with technology
Neiman Marcus has opened its first Manhattan location in New York City’s newest shopping and dining destination, Hudson Yards. The store boasts a customer-centric shopping experience throughout three levels of luxury fashion, digital innovation, and dining on levels 5, 6, and 7 of The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards. The 188,000-sq.-ft. store features curated products, unique services, an impressive art collection, and three signature dining options: Cook & Merchants, Bar Stanley, and The Zodiac Room. The store offers iconic brands, emerging brands, and exclusive product selected especially for Hudson Yards.
“We’re thrilled to be introducing Neiman Marcus Hudson Yards as a continuation of our strategy to transform the Neiman Marcus brand into a digital luxury platform,” says Geoffroy van Raemdonck, CEO of Neiman Marcus Group. “This store recognizes our brand’s history and heritage while adapting to how the next generation of luxury customers shop. Neiman Marcus Hudson Yards will be all about providing physical and digital experiences in a way not seen at other stores, creating a personal customer experience that is seamless and magical.”
In the Personal Shopping Lounge, Manhattan’s elite shoppers can work one-on-one with stylists to find the perfect looks for them. And on the Digital Styling Lounge on Level 7, stylists who’ve connected with customers digitally will have a space to engage their clients in an intimate shopping experience. And the Men’s Club Room features a private fitting room and styling experience.
Digitally enabled fitting rooms allow shoppers to communicate with sales associates through an interactive touchscreen. Customizable lighting shows shoppers how they’ll look in five environment settings, and they can check out right from the fitting room.
Memory Makeover mirrors record beauty demonstrations and makeup tutorials, which can be texted and emailed to customers. Sunglass Memory Mirror stations allow customers to record and digitally compare up to four sunglasses on them.
At each store entrance, shoppers can access a digital directory for a quick search of departments, vendor locations, in-store events, and promotions. Customers can modify the store’s music playlist like a digital jukebox through Rockbot audio services, and they can charge their mobile devices at ChargeItSpot stations throughout the store.
Exclusive shops and enhanced services that can only be found at Neiman Marcus Hudson Yards include:
- The Neiman Marcus Travel Shop, with travel apparel and accessories for women and men on-the-go.
- Cook & Merchant’s Kitchen, offering demonstrations, tastings, and mixology classes.
- Neiman Marcus Live, a performance stage offering live activations and concerts.
- BLVD beauty salon, offering blowouts, manicures, pedicures, nail art, lash extensions, laser hair removal, waxing, brow shaping, and peel services.
- A walk-up brow-shaping lab and nail art station in Beauty for quick specialty services.
- The brand’s first Resurrection Vintage boutique curated by Katy Rodriguez and Mark Haddawy.
- A customizable shop by Atelier Notify offering embroidery, painting, patchwork, distressing, and embellishments.
- A Satya Twena custom hat shop.
- Santana, an in-store shoe shiner and cobbler experience.
- A Lucchese boot shop, bringing a bespoke Texan tradition to the Big Apple.
- PopUp Florist on level 5 creating fresh bouquets by Kelsie Hayes.
- Relaxing and rejuvenating beauty treatments rooms and spa services, including access to a LED LightStim Bed.