The Creative Retail Awards, which recognize and reward innovation and excellence in worldwide retail design, released the shortlist for its 2019 Awards at RetailEXPO, held last week at Olympia London. Four Shop! members, Kendu In-Store Visual Solutions, Ampersand Studio Inc., Bergmeyer Associates Inc., and FITCH, are among those companies included as finalists.
The awards competition received hundreds of entries from around the world, including Europe, Asia, North America, the Middle East, and South Africa. The Judging Panel comprises industry leaders and experts, including senior staff from The Honest Brand, Hammerson plc, M. Worldwide, LEGO Group, and The Fashion Retail Academy, who were faced with the difficult decision of shortlisting each discipline. These included retail experience, technology, lighting, POP, store design, surfaces, visual merchandising, and many more. The winners will be announced June 6 at Proud Embankment in London during an evening event celebrating innovation and excellence throughout the entire spectrum of retail design and display.
The shortlisted entries featuring Shop! members are:
- For Graphics, Signage, and Wayfinding: BM Supermercados, Renedo de Piélagos Store, in collaboration with Kendu In-Store Visual Solutions
- For Food/Beverage and Supermarket Design: Longo’s, Rebranded Customer Experience, in collaboration with Ampersand Studio Inc.
- For Food/Beverage and Supermarket Design: Hurley’s, Hurley’s Grand Harbour renovation, in collaboration with Ampersand Studio Inc.
- For Food/Beverage and Supermarket Design: Uvesco Grupo, BM Supermercados, Renedo de Piélagos Store, in collaboration with Kendu In-Store Visual Solutions
- For Best Independent Store Display (max 3 stores): Real Sociedad, Real Sociedad Flagship Store, in collaboration with Kendu In-Store Visual Solutions
- For Retail Experience: Roots Canada, Roots Legends, Newbury St., Boston, in collaboration with Bergmeyer
- For Store Design of the Year: Arçelik, Arçelik Experience Centre, in collaboration with FITCH