There is an undeniable quest in the world today to make things smaller, thinner, and more manageable. From sleek iPhones and wafer-thin computer screens to skinny jeans, “thin” is in. New from Wilsonart, a world-leading creator of beautiful engineered surfaces, THINSCAPE Performance Tops, a European-inspired, highly-durable, ultra-thin countertop, is unlike anything in the marketplace. THINSCAPE Performance Tops are glamorous and elegantly designed but are the rare combination of attainable luxury with exceptional performance.
“It’s very unusual to see one trend take an entire industry by storm, but that is the case with thinner profiles,” comments Brooke Mays, designer at Wilsonart. “Thinner countertops have been popular in Europe for the past few years. They are trending in residential kitchens everywhere because they are more modern and perfectly complement today’s thinner cabinet profiles.”
The new Wilsonart THINSCAPE Performance Tops are created on a half-inch foundation. The collection includes 12 ultra slim decorative slabs that are available in the most popular large-scale stone and quartz designs, such as a dramatic Calcutta Blanc and a classic Italian Carrara. The collection also includes dramatic statement surfaces such as a Distressed Pine
and Rugged Steel.
Manufactured in the USA, THINSCAPE Performance Tops are easy to clean and are extremely impact-, scratch-, and moisture-resistant. They will also come with UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification for indoor air quality.
Professional installers will love THINSCAPE Performance Tops because they are easier to work with than porcelain options. They can be fabricated with standard carbide tip tooling and there is no need to use wet cutting or polishing equipment. And it is easy to achieve a clean, sleek reverse-knife edge profile to streamline counters and give them an even lighter look. Not only perfect for updating kitchen countertops, THINSCAPE Performance Tops are also ideal for bath vanities, laundry room worktop,s and even commercial tabletop applications in hospitality, office, and retail environments.
The THINSCAPE Performance Tops Collection includes:
- Distressed Pine—A wood design with various sized planks. A cool color with elements of warm honey, sophisticated greys, and shades of taupe. This design has a Wire Brushed finish. Wire brushing creates a linear texture with both matte and gloss sheens.
- Quartzite Falls—This linear quartzite design features thin caramel and taupe veining, offset by natural highlights. This design is paired with a Luster finish; a semi-gloss sheen and a smooth surface.
- Spanish Limestone—An off-white limestone look with linear directional features in subtle warm and cool neutrals in a Sandblasted finish. The sandblasting method creates a soft, lightly textured, ultra-matte surface.
- Soapstone Mist—A large-scale, smooth veined grey soapstone abounding in rich detail and natural features in a Luster finish.
- Sterling Calcutta—A large-scale veined Calcutta design with soft grey features and a Luster finish.
- Quartz Rapids—A directional quartz structure with a light grey background, warm grey veining and minute quartz particulates. This design has a Sandblasted finish.
- Taj Mahal—Quartzite fractures and infinite depth join to form an elegant Taj Mahal stone design in calming neutral with a Sandblasted finish.
- Rugged Steel—Rugged Steel has the aged and distressed look with all the character and style found in raw metal. This design has a Natural finish; fine texture and a low sheen.
- Black Amani—This Black marble design has thin, subtle veins that provide depth and variation throughout the design in a Luster finish.
- Calcutta Blanc—A classic, large-scale Italian marble, this pattern has grey and taupe vein structures that are large-scale and angular and comprise the signature feature of this marble in a Luster finish.
- Italian Carrara—A classic Carrara white marble with grey veining in a Luster finish.
- Volakas Marble—Quarried in the Volakas region of Greece, this white marble has chunky grey veining and delicate details in a Luster finish.
THINSCAPE Performance Tops can be found at kitchen and bath dealers and local fabricators nationwide.