Shop! Environments Association honored 16 Global Awards winners during last night’s Shop! Awards celebration held during GlobalShop. In its ninth year, the fast-growing Global Awards competition recognizes excellence in point-of-purchase advertising displays, marketing-at-retail activations, and visual merchandising and store design, from among 2018 gold winners from Shop! competitions held around the globe.
Shop!, the global trade association focused on enhancing retail environments and experiences, expanded the competition last year to include winners from store design competitions, further broadening inclusion globally for award-winning projects. This year’s competition also recognized innovation from the Student Design Awards.
With a 40% increase in entries, the Global Awards has become the fastest-growing program of the three Shop! Awards competitions produced by the association. Judges reviewed 93 entries from 16 countries, including Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, the Czech Republic France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Portugal, South Africa, Sweden, the U.K., and the U.S. The 2019 Global Award winners are:
• Alcohol & Tobacco, Permanent: Captain Morgan Pallet Island by DAGO s.r.o. for STOCK Plzeň-Božkov s.r.o.
• Alcohol & Tobacco, Temporary: Miller POS Campaign by Muchnik Design SRL for CCU Argentina
• Beauty & Cosmetics, Permanent: OLAY Smart Retail Vending Machine by Procter & Gamble (China) Sales Co., Ltd.
• Beauty & Cosmetics, Temporary: Garnier Fructis Launch Campaign by Micropack LatAm for L’Oréal Argentina
• Consumer Electronics, Permanent: Samsung – The Infinity Book by Cheil Germany GmbH for Samsung Electronics GmbH
• Consumer Electronics, Temporary: Launch Galaxy S9 by Cheil Brazil for Samsung Electronics
• Department Store Design: Myer Santaland by IdeaWorks by VMLY&R & Active for Myer
• Digital, Mobile, & Interactive Media: Samsung – Land of Emojis by Cheil Germany GmbH for Samsung Electronics GmbH
• Field & In-Store Promotion: Jack Daniel’s Truck by Advanced Production for Brown-Forman Czechia
• Food, Grocery & Convenience, Permanent: Big Ben After Eight Display by GRUPO ADVANCE for Nestlé
• Food, Grocery & Convenience, Temporary: St. Vitus Cathedral Monument Ferrero Rocher by Innate s.r.o. for Ferrero Česká s.r.o
• Shopper Marketing Campaign: Instagram Menu by McDonald’s Brasil
• Specialty Store Concepts: Myer Santaland by IdeaWorks by VMLY&R & Active for Myer
• Student Design Awards: Interactive Hygeine Display for Essity Hungary kft
• Sustainability: FEEDitBAG – The first plastic bag that gives life by Cheil Germany GmbH
• Visual Merchandising & Window Dressing: Galeries Lafayette “Spectacular Spectacular” Christmas Windows by Kendu In-Store Visual Solutions for Galeries Lafayette
“This competition recognizes the extraordinary work produced in 2018 by our talented members from around the world,” says Todd Dittman, Shop! executive director. “Congratulations to the 2018 Global Awards winners, who can proudly claim their position among the world’s best.”
For a complete list of the 2019 winners, including photos, and more information about the Global Awards competition, visit shopawards.org/2019-global-award-winners. All Global Award-winning projects will be featured in the OMA Awards Annual, to be published in August.
This year’s Shop! Awards sponsors included: GlobalShop @ RetailX, WestRock, VMSD, Menasha, GH&A, Tarkett, Essentra, Ledconn, Data Display, Great Northern, Ryan Scott, and Bish Creative.